Although not as soon as I wanted, PrimePress 1.3 is up with some pretty considerable changes.
Looking around for ways to make the theme more user friendly, I noticed some of you
- were unable to accommodate ads properly in the sidebars
- wanted to embed external objects like videos and photo galleries
- or just wanted to show some ‘About’ or ‘Intro’ text at the top spanning across two columns.
Also some of you wanted a wider content column,
- maybe to display bigger images
- or just to show more content above the fold.
The biggest change I’d like to tell you about in version 1.3 is the introduction of Theme Options page. Without overdoing the whole options thing, I’ve created the options which I thought were very essential.
Among all the options I consider the “Layout Options” to be the most important. By using a combination of the two “Layout Options” i.e ‘content width‘ and ‘no. of sidebars‘ in the “PrimePress Options” page you’ll be able to choose a set-up that should meet your needs.
Other options eliminate the need to hack up the theme template files and let you
- enter your custom FeedBurner feed URL
- type in your FeedBurner ID to activate email subscription link
- give you some control over the main navigation tabs